If you really want thicker, silkier hair, but you’re not quite sure which hair growth tips will actually work for you, you need some expert advice. By discovering 10 powerful hair growth tips, you’ll access affordable, easy and practical methods that are almost guaranteed to produce measurable results. Whether you’re dealing with male pattern baldness, thinning hair due to hormonal changes, or another other type of hair growth issue, you should know that learning how to grow hair isn’t as tough as you think.
These days, there are a range of products and home remedies to try, many of which offer premium results for affordable prices. By trying one or all of the tips on our list, you’ll boost your chances of re-growing hair that is lustrous, glossy and strong.
1) Hair Oil – If you have a little money to spend on hair products that inspire thicker, easier and faster hair growth, you may want to experiment with hair oils. These all-natural oils may include a range of natural oils. Coconut oil is a popular choice, as it is very emollient (which keeps hair strong), while also having antibacterial properties. Look for organic hair oil online, and then massage it into your scalp as a soothing, restorative hair treatment. Once you’ve used a hair oil treatment for several weeks, you may notice that your scalp is healthier, and that your hair growth is accelerated.
2) Vitamins – Certain vitamins, such as B complex vitamins, are known for their ability to improve the condition of the skin and hair. If you’re looking for a simple, effective and safe way to grow more hair, using B complex vitamins may be a great choice for you. Another supplement to consider is Biotin, which also contributes to lusher, sexier hair growth. You may find these vitamins in shampoos and other hair growth products. However, treating hair loss from the inside out (by taking these vitamins orally) is a great way to improve your hair and your general health.
3) Hair Regrowth Formulas – While these do bring tangible results to many people who use them, they have side effects which may be very troublesome. For example, stinging, redness and itching may be caused by these formulas. There are prescription-grade and over-the-counter hair regrowth formulas available. The cost of these formulas is typically higher than the cost of other hair growth treatments, such as safe and affordable hair oils.
4) Massage – A scalp massage regimen may lead to marked improvements in follicle health. Since the follicles sometimes become blocked, which slows hair growth, massaging the scalp (use hair oil to get even better results) may be a great way to stimulate the follicles. You may practice self-massage or have someone massage your scalp for you. Do scalp massage regularly to get the best results.
5) Shampoo – Some shampoos contain active ingredients, such as botanical essences and Biotin, which may inspire hair growth. However, results may be variable, as shampoo is typically rinsed out shortly after application. Sometimes, it’s better to invest in products that stay on the hair for longer periods of time, such as hair oils. Nonetheless, adding hair growth shampoos to your daily routine may help.
6) Conditioners – Like hair growth shampoos, conditioners may be fortified with ingredients that are believed to provoke superior hair growth. Look for conditioners which are infused with coconut oil, biotin, or other important active ingredients. Another benefit of using conditioners of this type is that they are very moisturizing. Since the emollients in conditioners keep existing hair silky and strong, while also making it look more beautiful, they contribute to better hair and more resilient tresses.
7) Leave-in Treatments – Leave-in treatments are conditioners or treatment products which are applied to wet hair after shampooing and conditioning. Sometimes, these products come in spray bottles, and they add protective and moisturizing elements to the hair. Experiment with these products in order to find formulas that will make your hair stronger, promote follicle health, and help to grow the hair.
8) Don’t Blow-dry – Sometimes, promoting great hair growth is about what you don’t do, rather than what you do. If you’re in the habit of blow-drying your hair daily, you’re drying it out and making it more prone to breakage. To keep the hair that you have healthy, and to protect delicate follicles from heat damage, you need to air-dry your hair as much as possible.
9) Avoid Flat Irons and Curling Irons – Like blow-dryers, flat irons and curling irons dry out the hair and may damage the tender scalp area. Instead of relying on these products, find hairstyles that work with your hair’s own natural texture. Then, you’ll be able to enjoy stylish hair that grows strong and long.
10) Hydrate and Eat Well – Your level of hydration and your level of nutrition will impact the health of your hair. Make sure that you drink plenty of pure water, as well as eating enough lean protein, fruit, vegetables and whole grains. By cleaning up your diet and avoiding certain drinks that are believed to promote hair loss (such as diet colas), you’ll see improvements in no time.
Now that you know 10 powerful hair growth tips, you’ll be ready to choose the suggestions that are right for you. If one trick doesn’t give you the results that you’re looking for, try another. Whether you choose all-natural hair oils that soothe the scalp, stimulate the follicles, and moisturize your locks, or go for another method, such as vitamins or air-drying your hair, you’ll find that making an easy change to your lifestyle may pay big dividends.
If your short hair woes are really getting you down, speak to your family doctor. He or she may be able to recommend therapies or detect underlying health issues that are making it difficult to re-grow your hair. By getting proactive about your health, you’ll discover some excellent ways to enjoy thicker, silkier and stronger hair.